The Equamore Foundation provides rescue and sanctuary for neglected, abused, and abandoned horses that have no other alternative for life. Each day our Sanctuary pushes back against cruelty and indifference. Our mission of kindness and respect for the dignity of all life is vital and universal.
The Unwanted Horse Coalition estimated in 2007 that there were 170,000 unwanted horses in the United States alone. The GAO estimated in 2011 that at least 138,000 unwanted horses were sold and transferred across our borders to slaughter. The numbers of unwanted horses in our country is increasing due in large measure to economic stress. Many of these unwanted horses are auctioned for slaughter or die of starvation, neglect, or abuse each year.
Only a fraction find sanctuary at places like the Equamore Sanctuary. Equamore Foundation receives numerous calls from desperate owners who can no longer care for their equines and from concerned citizens who see cruelty or neglect and are helpless to intervene. So many more horses are still in danger and could be helped with more funding,
We are determined through sanctuary, outreach and education to make “Hungry, Neglected, Abused… Never Again” a reality.
Where We Are
The Equamore Sanctuary and Foundation Office is located at 4723 HWY 66, Ashland. OR 97520. We can be reached by email at email@example.com and by phone at (541) 482-5550.
Who We Are
We are a 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity located in the beautiful Rogue Valley four miles outside of Ashland, Oregon. Our IRS Tax ID number is 46-2853049.
Board of Directors
- Ruth Kennedy – President
- Nancy Ash – Vice-President/Technology Coordinator
- Colleen Dumont – Director
- J W Lyon – Director and Treasurer
- Diane Pace – Director
- Abbey Paiken – Director, and Director of Equine Care
- Nancy Shulenberger – Director and Secretary
- Linda Davis – Executive Director
- Jesus Palomino – Facility Foreman
- Martin Palomino – Facility Maintenance Staff
- Ignacio Palomino – Facility Maintenance Staff
- Aaron Ordaz – Facility Maintenance Staff